Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mouse on Wheels


It's been some time since I posted anything new. During the past six weeks I've had numerous starts on various ideas. I tried working from new drawings, old drawings, photos and directly, without an idea or drawing. Yes, there are times when I don't have a new idea. I just keep trying to make an original picture anyway.
This most recent picture is based on a pencil drawing. I liked the sketch and challenged myself to evolve it into a painting. This one was hard for me. I used no color references or samples. I just followed my whim, so you could call it "whimsical". I had to call it something. Of course, it's not a picture of a mouse but it does have something like wheels. Just last night the image of an item found in Tutankhamun's tomb came to me. It has a similar form to this picture. Can you tell which piece it might be?
There is also a major feature in this painting that I will not reveal until some sharp viewer can guess that also.

All images are copyright Michael Velkovich and my not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment