Friday, August 29, 2014

It Is What It Is

This painting began its life long ago at my Neely Farm Studio in Norcross, Georgia around 1984. Its been rolled up, never stretched or mounted, moved about and stored for decades.  I only worked on it for a short time, waving my airbrush around freely with only two or three colors.

Well, I picked up where I left off. This time I thought to add text. I've been wanting to try this for a while. And what words and letters would I include? 
There are some things Americans say that annoy me. I won't explain it. See for  yourself.

"Whatever"
2014
48" x 54"
acrylic on canvas

Detail 16" x 20"


The same detail as above
How it looked in 1984



This is a Winterhawk Studio view in progress as I photograph the canvas tacked to the wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment