Monday, April 12, 2010

Le Bicycliste

"Le Bicycliste"

Although this picture is not originally about cycling, the form is clearly there. This recent version is derived from an earlier colored drawing dated September 1981. It's a great pleasure to be able to pick up my older ideas or projects and develop them further. Although there are elements from the past work in this newer version of "Le Bicycliste" their proportions are changed. Much of the texture and color remains. I've included some additional drawings from my sketch books done in the 1970's.


Animated painting runs 35 sec. Loading time will vary!




I still have my French-made Motobecane ten-speed bike that I bought at the PX in Germany in 1977. I've been around Europe and the U.S. with it. There are a lot of great memories of places and rides with that bike. It was my main set of wheels until a few years ago when I upgraded. I still maintain it ready to go. Bicycling is a favorite sport I can still participate in for recreation and I enjoy visiting places that accommodate cyclists. There's much more support in the U.S. for cycling since I returned to the U.S. in 1980. I often see riders around the St. Augustine area and my neighborhood is great for bicycling.


All images are copyright Michael Velkovich and my not be reproduced without permission of the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment